JOURMAJR Archives

April 2005

JOURMAJR@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Cheryl Gibbs <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cheryl Gibbs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Apr 2005 16:52:24 -0400
Hello!

You are invited to an impromptu reception for Gannett News Service sports
writer Mike Lopresti from 3-4 p.m. in the Bachelor Reading Room on the
third floor of Bachelor Hall. Refreshments will be provided.

Mike just finished covering March Madness and the Masters, and he always
has interesting anecdotes about what it's like to fly here, there and
everywhere covering sports events the rest of us usually only read about.

A graduate of Ball State University and recent inductee into Ball State's
Journalism Hall of Fame, Mike began his journalism career as a sports
writer for the Palladium-Item in Richmond. He covered sports for USA Today
during its startup period. He also served as sports editor in Richmond
before Gannett, which owns thee Palladium-Item, tapped him to write on the
national level.

Mike isn't big on public speaking, but he loves talking to students on an
informal basis. So please feel free to come visit with him, if you can
find time in your schedule Monday afternoon!

If you are unable to attend the reception but you're free at noon that
day, please let me know if you'd like to hear Mike speak in my 202 class
in Bachelor 346.

Cheryl Gibbs