JOURMAJR Archives

April 2006

JOURMAJR@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Richard Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Richard Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Apr 2006 15:35:12 -0400
4/4/06

TO:  JRN Students
FROM: Richard Campbell
RE:  Registration info

Here are general tips and information on upcoming registration:

JRN Classes
SUMMER ­ JRN 202 offered in May-June term with no restrictions (one time
only offer:  may take this 202 section prior to 201). Instructor: Joe
Sampson.  JRN 418 also offered in May-June term. Instructor: John Lowery.

FALL – New Course – JRN/IMS 303: Online Journalism.  Instructor: Bettina
Fabos.  No restrictions on course and may count as part of “three of
following” in JRN major.

JRN 316 – need IMS 101P (desktop publishing) as prereq.

IMS and COM classes: The JRN program does not control these classes.  For
the IMS 101 one-credit sprint classes, Glenn Platt--director of IMS--opens
new slots for the class during each registration period so while the
classes may look closed, they usually have some spots for 1st and 2nd year
students.  For COM courses that you can’t get into because of restrictions,
please see Kim Hensley in Mass COM office, Williams Hall, to get on
waitlist for those courses (let her know you are a JRN major or pre-major).

Waitlists
The Program usually keeps waitlists for the 101 and 201 classes.  BUT I do
not start a waitlist UNTIL all sections of a course have filled up.  If you
are still not in class at that point, email me and I’ll put you on the
waitlist.  For all JRN 101 classes, I open 8 spaces (out of 24) until 2nd
year students register then I open 6 more spaces.  The college reserves the
remaining 10 spaces per class for incoming 1st year students.  There are
also unrestricted sections of 101 and 201 (and also 318) being taught at
the Hamilton and Middletown campuses in the fall.

Advising
If you don’t know who your JRN advisor is, please email me. And my office
hours are 10-11 M,W and 11-12 T,R and by appt.

Internships
See John Lowery, 367 BAC, or email at [log in to unmask]

Scholarship Applications
Available outside my office in BAC 279; deadline is April 14 – over $13,000
is JRN scholarship money available.