JOURMAJR Archives

July 2006

JOURMAJR@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Emile Dawisha <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Emile Dawisha <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jul 2006 06:40:15 +0000
Hey guys,

The Miami chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists is seeking
students who'd like to come to the SPJ National Convention in Chicago. The
event will be held from Aug. 24th to Aug. 27th.

During the convention, you will get the opportunity to meet working
journalists (think of all the connections you can make!) and college
journalists from all over the country, while partaking in workshops and
attending seminars.

You can check out the convention's schedule at this link:
http://spj.org/c-schedule.asp

If you’d like to attend, you need to register by the end of the month.
Registration costs $110 for SPJ members, $160 for non-members. The price
goes up if you don’t register by July 31st.

Here’s the link to register online: https://spj.org/c-register.asp

(Also, here's the link to become a member of SPJ if you haven't done that
already: http://www.spj.org/join.asp)

Please get back to me back soon if you're interested in attending. We’ll be
taking a Miami van on Thursday afternoon (Aug. 24th) and returning either
Saturday evening or Sunday morning.

The hotel room in the Hyatt will cost $175 per night, so probably around 40
bucks a night per person depending on how many people will come.

Now while this trip may seem costly, we should be able to receive money from
ASG to help supplement the trip's costs.

Hope to hear from you soon!

~Emile Dawisha, President of SPJ's Miami Chapter

Emile Dawisha
Cell:  513-256-0162
Miami University
Oxford, OH 45056