JOURMAJR Archives

April 1999

JOURMAJR@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Erik Yorke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Erik Yorke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 14:43:53 -0400
Hello everyone,
    First a statement, then a question.  As journalists, we pride ourselves
on taking action and bringing the news to those who need it.  Well some
news, or rather a previously ignored or unknown of situation has come to our
attention via Mike Gruss.  Well, instead of talking about it here anymore,
I'd like to get started on changing those things that are wrong with our
program.  If anyone has already begun taking action, please let me know as
I'd like to get involved, otherwise let this message be an invitation to
stir change, and attempt to better prepare ourselves for the PROFESSION that
we have chosen for ourselves.  If you want to email me personally about
this, the address is [log in to unmask]  I look forward to hearing from you
all.  Now a question, I am not as of now a member of the Miami Chapter of
SPJ, and just recently learned of its existence(I am a sophomore).  I'd like
to know how to become a member.  Thank you all.  Sincerely,
                                                    Erik Yorke