JOURMAJR Archives

February 2005

JOURMAJR@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Megan Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 2005 00:48:31 -0500
Hello all-

This is just a brief reminder that you should take an active role in
picking the executive cabinet of the Associate Student Government by
voting today (February 24) at:

www.voterocker.com

While you're there, I'd strongly appreciate a vote for fellow journalism
major Meg Ryan.

I've been active in student government for the past 5 semesters and
currently serve as the communications director for the on-campus part of
ASG, the Residence Hall Association. During that time I have also written
for the Miami Student. I feel my unique perspective - having both covered
and created the news - makes me an ideal candidate that can both find out
what students want and make sure that students know what ASG is with
student fees.

I'm running to be the Vice President of Student Services. If elected I'd
like to re-vamp the Student Legal Services program, making it more
widely-known and more effective. One of my plans is to make our SLS
website more like Ohio University's by creating user-friendly
know-your-rights info sheets. These documents would be available online
and offer lawyer-approved advice about what to do if you're caught
drinking underage, have landloard-tenant troubles, get pulled over, etc.
I've found the some schools offer great information about how much you're
required by law to say and when to just walk away and feel this
information should be available to Miami students.

Additionally, I will build a diverse lobbying team to address concerns at
national, state, and local levels of government. I've already attended
group sessions with student leaders from all Ohio Public School in order
to address tuition increases and plan to engage in letter writing
campaigns to both state legislators and those Miami alumni who contribute
larger amounts of money to state legislators.

For more information about my campaign, please check out www.MegRyanforVP.com

and whether you support me or not, it's important for you to go vote.
www.voterocker.com

Thanks,

Meg Ryan