JOURMAJR Archives

May 2007

JOURMAJR@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Joe Sampson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 17 May 2007 08:26:42 -0400
JRN Students,

See note below from Steve Baker re: exciting opportunities in sports
broadcasting starting in the fall.

Greetings from Millett! I hope your summer is starting off well and you
have a lot of free time scheduled!

I’m writing because I would like to ask your assistance in tracking down a
student or two for video assistance this fall. I hope to videotape most
home games and edit down highlight packages and coaches post-game
comments. I would love to be able to do this for all of our sports this
year. The student would obviously gain some valuable experience in not
only shooting the video, but also in editing the video for use on the web.
I use Final Cut Pro for most of the editing I do for the web. I also use
Vegas Video and I do have Craig’s old Avid in here as well.

I will also be looking for some students to help me out with live
announcing for Volleyball, Field Hockey and Soccer. This will be mostly
audio broadcasting for the internet, but there will also be a video
streaming component for Volleyball which will entail set-up and tear-down
of a camera and the streaming equipment.

If you have any suggestions or know of students who may be interested in
gaining some valuable broadcast/webcast experience I would appreciate any
information you might have. Also, please feel free to forward this email
to whomever you would like.

Sincerely,

Steve Baker
"Voice of the RedHawks"