JOURMAJR Archives

January 2005

JOURMAJR@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Chris Gray <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chris Gray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Jan 2005 20:45:31 -0500
To Whom it May Concern:

I have quit the Miami Student.

I just wanted it to be known rather than let this news fade gently into
that good night and have it pass silently as some pablum voice takes up my
void.

I am through with that publication, forever and completely, effective 8
p.m. EST, Monday, January 31, 2005.

A piece of my writing was refused by a group of my youngers at the paper,
and rather than capitulate to their caprice, I have forfeited all remaining
columns, starting with tomorrow's.

I don't know, maybe words like, "Railroaded right turn by the extremities,
slung down with "Support the troops" obscenities, who sleep with foreign
dead at ease, dismissing truth like a dog does fleas and court suicidal
tendencies, oh, my viscera has been throttled,"  just lust and invite
censorship. I don't know maybe that's just me, perhaps that wasn't it.

Oh, well, so it goes, maybe I didn't write anything more than a simple
"piece of creative writing." <see for yourself> Either way I'm through.

The albatross is off my shoulders.

Chris Gray, formerly known as the "Voice of Defiance"