JOURMAJR Archives

April 1999

JOURMAJR@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Kevin Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University Journalism Majors <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Apr 1999 10:20:52 -0400
********
The Columbus/Franklin County News Bureau is accepting resumes from qualified
students interested in a paid summer internship to assist with our efforts
to promote our area to regional, national and international media. The News
Bureau is a non-profit, non-partisan corporation that serves as a one-stop
resource for media interested in stories about the Greater Columbus area.

We are seeking a student currently in his or her junior or senior year
majoring in communications, public relations or journalism. Duties will vary
and some research may be involved. The preferred candidate will have
excellent writing and computer skills and a willingness to deal with
reporters and key community contacts on a proactive basis. Familiarity with
the Greater Columbus area helpful.

The internship will run 10-12 weeks, depending on the student's
availability. This is a full-time position with some flexibility in
scheduling. Students must have transportation to downtown Columbus and paid
parking is not provided.

The News Bureau is an equal opportunity employer.

Contact, via a faxed or quickly mailed resume, Roger Morris, president News
Bureau; (614) 469-1727; fax: (614) 469-1733