JOURMAJR Archives

October 2006

JOURMAJR@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Cheryl Gibbs <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cheryl Gibbs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Oct 2006 08:57:38 -0500
Hello there!

This is a follow-up to the message you received earlier from Chris
Dierks on behalf of the Bachelor 346 lab staff.

To save Chris and other lab workers from having to manually delete
all those files (a tedious, thankless task), we will be arranging for
those files to purge automatically. The question is, how long do you
need for your projects to stay on the hard drives of those computers?

If you're not in the habit of saving your work to your Netdisk/M
drive space on Miami's computer network, you should get into that
habit. Please not that inDesign files should be saved manually to
your space on the M drive, NOT uploaded using myMiami. Instructions
for doing that should be posted in the lab.

Please respond to this message by the end of this week. We'll let you
know when and how often the files will be purged, once we have
feedback from you and other journalism students.

Thanks so much!

Cheryl Gibbs
Journalism professor and lab supervisor