JOURMAJR Archives

November 1999

JOURMAJR@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Kevin Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University Journalism Majors <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Nov 1999 13:25:27 -0400
        I just received in my office this day information and applications
to a seven-week course of study/internship in Washington, D.C. at the
Institute of Political Reporting.
        The course runs June 3 - July 22 and is held at Georgetown
University. Part of the program is couses work (6 hours) and an internship
(3) which you would work out through Miami University. Two courses requires
at the academy are Economics and Public Policy and Ethical Perspectives on
the Media. Guest lecturers from Newsweek, the Washington Post, CNN, etc.
will be part of the program.
        For more information contact me, or visit the website at
www.dcinternships.org

        ALSO

        The recently released movie "BONE COLLECTOR" staring Denzel
Washington was produced by a Miami University grad, Mike Klawitter. The 417
editorial writing class will be interviewing Klawitter via a conference
call at 3:30 p.m., Thursday, in the Bachelor Reading Room. All journalism
students are invited to attend. If you've seen the movie, great, come and
ask questions. The interview will last about an hour.