JOURMAJR Archives

August 2000

JOURMAJR@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Patricia Newberry <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University Journalism Majors <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Aug 2000 21:47:23 -0400
    Welcome back to all journalism students:

The Miami chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists is looking for
officers and new members. The chapter is somewhat dormant right now, with
the departure of Kevin Smith as adviser and most of the active members. My
goal, as the new adviser, is to revive the chapter and start getting some
SPJ attention for the outstanding journalism students of Miami. I think we
have a president, but need a vice president, treasurer, secretary and
program chair. E-mail me with your interest and we'll line up a meeting
shortly. Applications for general membership are on my door, 310 Bachelor.

For calendar planning:
    * The SPJ national convention is in Columbus the last weekend of
October.
    * The first Lecture Series speaker of the school year is Helen Thomas,
longtime White House reporter. She will speak Sept. 27 on The Presidential
Election and the Media.

Patti Gallagher Newberry