JOURMAJR Archives

April 2004

JOURMAJR@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Judi Hetrick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 15 Apr 2004 15:41:02 -0400
> As a result of the current plagarism/fabrication dilemna's writers like
> Jason Blair and Jack Kelley are facing, do you think that their editors
> ought to suffer any consequence? thanks
> sarah

I love Sarah's question!
May I suggest that anyone who wants to answer switch over to JOURCHAT.
We have pledged to the several hundred JOURMAJR subscribers that we will
try to limit traffic on the main list so people know JOURMAJR is something
fairly important.
JOURCHAT, however, is underutilized but a great space for conversations
like the one Sarah is suggesting.
To subscribe to JOURCHAT:

simply send an e-mail message from your preferred address to
[log in to unmask] containing the command: subscribe
jourchat

When you are ready to leave the listserv, you can remove yourself simply
by sending an e-mail message to [log in to unmask] containing
the command: unsubscribe jourchat

SAVE THIS MESSAGE SO YOU'LL HAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS!

When using the jourchat listserv, "reply" will send your mail to the whole
list, so remember, you are publishing and all laws that cover publishing
apply! The First Amendment is one of those laws.

Have fun in Jourchat! Further details below.

Judi Hetrick, owner of JOURCHAT list

> The e-mail address for this list is:
>
> The web address for this list is:
>    http://listserv.muohio.edu/archives/jourchat.html
>
> The managers/owners for this list are:
>    Judi Hetrick ([log in to unmask])
>
> List configuration details:
>    Attachments:
>       Allow all attachments
>    List Visibility:
>       List visible at http://listserv.muohio.edu/archives/
>    Archives:
are public
>    Subscriber Review:
>       Only subscribers can request a list of subscribers
>    Send:
>       Only subscribers can post to the list
>    Subscription:
>       Anyone can subscribe to the list