JOURMAJR Archives

January 2004

JOURMAJR@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Judi Hetrick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 22 Jan 2004 16:40:50 -0500
John Lowery's son, Robert, had to undergo brain surgery yesterday at
Children's Hospital in Cincinnati.
John called yesterday to report to us that the surgery went well and
according to the surgeon "It couldn't have gone any better."  The
surgery took 5 hours and Robert was in ICU when John called
yesterday.  He was out of the anesthesia and had recognized Mom and
Dad.  John was exhausted but felt that a weight was taken off his
shoulders.  The report today is just as good.  Dianne Tuma works at
Children's Hospital and looked in on Robert last night and reported
that Robert was doing fine along with Mom and Dad.  The next step is
to wait for the Pathologist report on the tumor.  It takes 2-3 days
to get the result of that test, so we don't know yet whether Robert
will have to have chemo or radiation treatments.   The surgeon told
them that the tumor was low-grade and he believed that he got it all.
I will let everyone know when I hear from John again. ....Jackie