JOURMAJR Archives

August 2008

JOURMAJR@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Cheryl Heckler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cheryl Heckler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Aug 2008 22:02:31 -0400
Students,

I am covering the conference and am finding, as you might imagine, a great deal of interest among these participants on the subject of social justice.

Today I interviewed a woman the same age as my son Brady -- 24. When she was 16, this Namibian teenager  was traveling with a girlfriend when she got snatched and then forced into the sexual slave trade in South Africa. By the time she made it back to her family years later, she was bearing major symptoms of AIDS.

Getting her life back, her freedom restored was an amazing story to hear. I am writing about it, blogging about it and I even did an on-camera interview with her. So I am staying busy.

If you want to see the stories, go to

http://www.cherylheckler.com and click on blog.

Thanks.
Cheryl

Got Game? Win Prizes in the Windows Live Hotmail Mobile Summer Games Trivia Contest
http://www.gowindowslive.com/summergames?ocid=TXT_TAGHM