JOURMAJR Archives

January 2007

JOURMAJR@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Stacey Skotzko <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 15 Jan 2007 20:04:50 -0500
To the contributors to The Miami Student:

We hope that you all survived your first week of the semester, and that
you are getting excited about turnover at The Miami Student.

On that note, we also wanted to remind all of you about our all-staff
meeting at 5 p.m. Jan. 17 (Wednesday) in a location that will be announced
in a reminder e-mail tomorrow. The meeting will also serve as a refresher
on reporting tactics, AP Style and other subjects that will help us all to
improve our writing and editing skills. We strongly encourage attendance
at this meeting.

Don’t forget, with many graduating seniors this year, we have openings for
beat reporters, editors, page designers and photographers.

Also, applications are due by Friday, Jan. 19 to 17 MacMillan Hall. If the
office is closed, slide your application under the door.

We will be conducting interviews for all those who apply during the week
of Jan. 22. Upon receiving your applications, we will contact you to set
up an interview time. Decisions on positions will be made shortly
thereafter.

Applications are attached to this e-mail and available on The Student’s
Blackboard Web site. They will also be printed in subsequent issues of The
Miami Student.

See you all Wednesday,
-
Marni Goldberg