JOURMAJR Archives

February 2001

JOURMAJR@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Judi Hetrick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University Journalism Majors <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Feb 2001 15:07:22 -0500
Journalism Students!!!

    Do you need experience in editing, writing, or page design?  Have you
ever wanted to participate in the administrative decisions of publications?
This is a great opportunity for a resume-builder, but I need your help!!
    Matrix Investment Group is a recently established non-profit corporation
with the goal of educating the community about the financial world and
providing members with investment experience.  Matrix will be able to serve
the Miami community as well as surrounding communities through scholarships,
research grants, educational trips, hosting guest speakers, and providing
investment and management experience including internships and employment.
    In addition, Matrix will be giving back to the university in a way in
which most concerns you.  Presently, we are working on a newsletter that will
circulate throughout the business school.  Isn't there already a newsletter
that is provided by the business school?  Yes, good question!  However, as
the business school is divided into departments and student organizations,
some of which have their own publications, they do not have a newsletter that
brings all of the facets of the business school together.  This is a new and
exciting opportunity for all journalism students, especially those concerned
with business journalism.
    I am a third year journalism major and creative writing minor
spearheading the newsletter.  I need to get this project underway as soon as
possible. Needed are writers, editors, and page designers, but no prior
experience is necessary as this will become your experience.
    The sooner you decide to join a cause with an actual future like Matrix
Investment Group, the better; currently, I'm looking to fill five to eight
positions.  Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or
concerns or would like to simply know more information, via email:
[log in to unmask] or over the phone: 664-4404

Thank You,
David Greber