JOURMAJR Archives

April 2000

JOURMAJR@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Kevin Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University Journalism Majors <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Apr 2000 16:12:41 -0400
Just sending a reminder to students about the program set for Monday night
in the Bachelor Reading Room....When Women Lead the News.

Speakers are Judith Clabes, president and CEO of Scripps Howard Foundation;
Kitty Morgan, editor of Cincinnati Magazine and Kathrine Nero of WCPO TV
sports.

They will talk about the role of women in a male-dominated media industry
and how women can rise to levels of leadership in the industry. We are
fortunate and excited to have them here. The program is being sponsored by
the English Department and the post-event reception is the work of SPJ
student chapter.

 If any of you are interested in this program and would like to join SPJ
and help with programming like this next year, please see me at the event.
The Society of Professional Journalists is the largest organization for
journalists in the country with 14,000 members, about half are students. If
you are serious about journalism, you really need to join.

The program beings at 7 p.m. and we hope to get a lot of female students
there. These speakers will have some real insight. I talked with each one
today and they are excited about coming to Miami University. Hope you can
make it.

Kevin Smith