JOURMAJR Archives

November 1999

JOURMAJR@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Kevin Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University Journalism Majors <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Nov 1999 20:16:17 -0400
Journalism students:

        I just received notice today from F&W Publications that it is
beginning its search for summer interns. F&W is a magazine and book
publishing company based in Cincinnati (The Artist's Magazine, Writer's
Digest, Watercolor, Magic, Popular Woodworking are some magazines) and we
have had a strong relationship with them. The human resource manager is a
Miami graduate.
        The company is looking for 12-15 interns for the summer and
recruits across the nation. Interns can stay at a special dorm near the
facility. It will also use interns during the school year. Special
arrangements need to be made with the university. Students should apply
soon for summer work. Deadline is Jan. 15. You must have at least one
semester of college to complete after the internship. Send resume and
writing samples to Kathy Schneider, human resources director, F&W
Publications, Inc., 1507 Dana Ave., Cincinnati, Ohio 45207. Salary is $350
per week.
        For more information contact Kevin Smith or John Lowery. We have
placed several students there in the last five years. Many of considered it
a valuable experience.

Good luck