JOURMAJR Archives

March 1999

JOURMAJR@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Linda Crider <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University Journalism Majors <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Mar 1999 18:53:46 -0500
Dear listserv members:
I do not want to see any more unprofessional remarks on this list. The list
can be a really useful tool for serious discussion among journalism majors and
especially for disseminating important information (i.e. jobs, internships,
seminars, etc.).

Posters and in-class announcements do not spread information as efficiently as
a listserv. Also, every major journalism school across the country uses
listservs to help its students and graduates maintain a connection and further
their careers.

If, however, the journalism majors on the list cannot maintain good listserv
etiquette, we will be forced to discontinue the list. It always takes a while
for these lists to settle down (I run four of them) and for people to
understand fully how they operate, but in the meantime, for the sake of your
fellow students and the journalism program, please use good judgment.

I apologise to those of you who were accidentally added to the list or who do
not want to be on the list. The list was created from information from the
registrar's office.

However, staying on the list is entirely volunteer. If you'd like a repeat of
instructions on how to be removed, please e-mail me ([log in to unmask]) or
send me your request personally. No one who wants off the list will be forced
to stay on it.

Thank you for your attention,
Linda Crider
Assistant professor