JOURMAJR Archives

September 2005

JOURMAJR@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Vanessa Schutz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 15 Sep 2005 22:24:47 -0400
 Hi journalism majors,
  My name is Vanessa Schutz, and I am the president of the International
English Honor Society, Sigma Tau Delta (I am sure I have talked to many of
you through classes or through The Miami Student).
  Sigma Tau Delta's central purpose is to confer distinction upon students
of the English language and literature in undergraduate, graduate, and
professional studies.
  Our chapter, Phi Nu, is currently seeking new interested members to join
our group. We typically meet once a month and host English-based
activities, such as a poetry slam event every semester.

  Who's eligible to apply:
-An English major or minor (which includes journalism)
-Have completed two English/journalism classes at Miami beyond 100 level
-Cumulative English/journalism GPA of 3.0
-Completed three semesters of college
-Overall cumulative GPA of 3.0
-Can pay a one time initiation fee of $37
-Can pay yearly dues of $15

  A copy of the application form is attached or is available on our
bulleting board across from the English department on the third floor of
Bachelor Hall. If interested, please return applications by Friday,
October 21 to our Sigma Tau Delta mailbox in the English department
office (356 Bachelor).

  Please feel free to e-mail me at [log in to unmask] with any questions.
I look forward to possibly working with some of you this year in Sigma
Tau Delta!

 Sincerely,
  Vanessa Schutz