JOURMAJR Archives

January 2007

JOURMAJR@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Stacey Skotzko <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 10 Jan 2007 21:16:35 -0500
To the contributors to The Miami Student:

Welcome back! We hope you all enjoyed your winter break and that second
semester is off to a good start.

February is fast approaching, which means we are quickly preparing for
staff turnover at The Miami Student. With many graduating seniors this
year, we have openings for beat reporters, editors, page designers and
photographers.

Those with all levels of experience are invited to apply for a staff
position. So that everyone can get a better idea of what each position
entails, we will be holding an all-staff meeting at 5 p.m. Jan. 17
(Wednesday) in a location that will be announced in a reminder e-mail in
the coming days. The meeting will also serve as a refresher on reporting
tactics, AP Style and other subjects that will help us all to improve our
writing and editing skills. We strongly encourage attendance at this
meeting.

Applications are due by Friday, Jan. 19 to 17 MacMillan Hall. If the
office is closed, slide your application under the door.

We will be conducting interviews for all those who apply during the week
of Jan. 22. Upon receiving your applications, we will contact you to set
up an interview time. Decisions on positions will be made shortly
thereafter.

Again, we encourage you all to apply for the staff of The Student. There
are a wide variety of positions available, all of which will help enhance
your journalism skills and prepare you for a future career in journalism.

Applications are attached to this e-mail and available on The Student’s
Blackboard Web site. They will also be printed in subsequent issues of The
Miami Student.

Sincerely,
-
Marni Goldberg