JOURMAJR Archives

April 2005

JOURMAJR@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Judi Hetrick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 6 Apr 2005 07:34:29 -0400
As many of you know, each fall the Dow Jones Newspaper Fund runs a
national competition for college copy editors or wannabes. The winners are
placed in summer editing internships at major newspapers through a program
that includes a training session before the internship and a small
scholarship after.
To take the 2005 test (which will probably be offered in October), you
must be a junior, senior or graduate student in the fall.
To succeed at the test, it helps to practice.
This Sunday (April 10) at 5 p.m. I am proctoring an editing practice test
in Bach 346. I'll talk briefly about the program and then let you have a
crack at an actual past test.
Hope to see you there!
Judi