JOURMAJR Archives

December 1999

JOURMAJR@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Sarah Pierson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University Journalism Majors <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Dec 1999 17:52:06 -0500
To all journalism faculty:

My name is Sarah Pierson and I am a second-year graduate student in the
Mathematics and Statistics department. As part of my master's program, I am
to complete a semester-long research project with the sponsorship of three
faculty members. My project involves risk assessment and risk
communication. I will be working on data collected at NIOSH and some ways
that NIOSH uses to communicate risk to the public and particular audiences.

I would like to add a journalism aspect to my project, especially because I
also majored in journalism as an undergraduate and would like to combine
both interests in statistics and journalism in this project. I already have
two professors from the Math and Stat department who are willing to serve
on the committee and I would like to add one from the journalism faculty. I
would appreciate it if any interested faculty would reply to this e-mail
and then we can arrange a time to meet to discuss the project in detail.

Thank you for your time and cooperation!

Sincerely,
Sarah Pierson
graduate assistant
Mathematics & Statistics