KDPI Archives

October 2014

KDPI@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Baylie Cheslock <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Baylie Cheslock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Oct 2014 13:59:51 -0400
Hi Everyone!!

I just wanted to forward you some information I received from Career Services.  There will be workshops and panels on the following dates for education majors.  The first workshop is about resumes and cover letters for education majors.  The second workshop is about making employer contacts and interviewing for education majors.  The last one is an alternative careers panel for education majors.  I went to these last year and I thought they were very helpful! I would highly recommend all of them!  There is more information and dates listed below.  Also, if you want to receive points for going, submit them on the google form after you attend: https://docs.google.com/a/miamioh.edu/forms/d/1_wHRz5gM4qnWxBkhR59Z_-gU3ncifI18vRKwBGfoQNs/viewform?c=0&w=1

Fall Semester Programs

UPCOMING WORKSHOPS FOR TEACHER EDUCATION MAJORS

Job Search Basics for Teacher Candidates
Resumes and Cover Letters
Mon., Oct. 6
5:30 – 6:30pm
Shriver Heritage Room

Job Search Basics for Teacher Candidates
Making Employer Contacts and Interviewing
Tues., Oct. 21
5:30 – 7pm
Shriver MPR-BC

Alternative Careers for Teacher Education Majors

A distinguished panel of Miami Teacher Education graduates and employers will discuss their careers and how they use their teaching degrees in other fields or why they hire teaching majors in non-teaching positions. There will be time for you to ask questions.

Thurs., Oct. 16
5:30 - 7pm
Shriver Heritage Room

Baylie Cheslock
Miami University | Early Childhood Education
Kappa Delta Pi | President