MATHED Archives

August 1996

MATHED@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
David Kullman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 5 Aug 1996 16:58:28 -500
The Core Plus Mathematics Project (CPMP), headed by Christian Hirsch
and Art Coxford, is sponsoring a two-day leadershp conference in
September.  CPMP is a 4-year course of study for high school
students.  It features multiple strands, active learning,
a focus on mathematical modeling, and the use of technology.

The dates of the conference are October 25-27 (same as the MAA Ohio
Section meeting).  If somebody on the mathematics education committee
wants to attend, I believe that we can find university travel
support.  See me for more details.

Dave Kullman