MATHED Archives

February 1997

MATHED@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
David Kullman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 25 Feb 1997 17:27:13 -500
When MTH 115 and 117 were approved as Miami Plan Foundation
courses, it was with the understanding that they would be reviewed
in five years to see how well they are meeting the Miami Plan goals
for liberal education.  THIS IS THE FIFTH YEAR.

Next fall the department will have to submit an assessment report to
LEC for each of our foundation courses.  The Undergraduate Committee
has asked the Mathematics Education Committee to be responsible for
MTH 115 and 117.  We seek 2 or 3 members to lay the ground work for
this assessment before the end of the semester.  If you are willing
to help, please let me know.

Dave Kullman