MATHED Archives

September 1996

MATHED@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Jerry Stonewater <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mathematical Education Committee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Sep 1996 13:46:19 EST
I've scheduled the first math ed committee meeting for Wednesday, Sept 18
from  4-5  pm in the conference room in Bachelor.  The agenda for the
meeting follows:

1. Hill/Kansky course proposal for graduate math ed seminar.  (copy
distributed prior to meeting)

2. Kullman - MAT program discussion (see his email note to committee)

3. New Stat course update

4. New courses for middle school students

5. Discussion of MTH 115/116-Challenge?  too many topics;  standards too low?
   Keiser and Stonewater have had preliminary discussions about writing a
   department grant of summer teaching fellowship grant via CII to get some
   dollars to examine the curriculum.

6. Southern University links

7. Licensure standards and effect on our programs

8. AP Stat course - summer institute

9. Professional meetings - Who's going where?

10.  Other items---bring them with you.

That's all for now.  Jerry