MATHED Archives

November 1996

MATHED@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

Mathematical Education Committee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Nov 1996 10:27:03 EST
       An update on  EDT 290:  At our last meeting, we discussed the fact
that students were missing our classes (115, 116, etc) in order to be in
the field the EDT 290 and that the situation was getting out of control.

I told Sara Dowhower about our concerns, recognizing to her that EDT has
a dilemma as well, and she suggested that the 290 course coordinators put on
the sheet given to students that they are not allowed to miss math when they
go to the field.  This policy will take effect S97.

I suggested that non-math courses that students miss might begin to complain,
expecially since this policy will put extra burden on them, but she said EDT
would cross that bridge if other departments complained.

Hopefully, for us, problem is solved.  We'll see.  Jerry