MGTDEV-L Archives

September 1996

MGTDEV-L@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Lisa Soss <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Management & Executive Development Discussions <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Sep 1996 12:35:19 -500
Hi All,
I've been reading this news group for a few months now and it has been very
informative, though some issues have been over my head.  Never-the-less, I'd
like to take my chance at getting some sound advice...
I'm the Operations Manager for a small, high-tech firm (9 employees
including 2 owners) and my job consists of interacting with all areas of the
company - both to obtain information and to give information.  I'm an
forever frustrated by the lack of communication from two individuals, one is
an owner and one is the head of Sales.  They seem to keep information in
their heads instead of communicating it out to people - unfortunately this
greatly effects my job and projects I need to complete.  I've brought this
to their attention and while they say they will work on it, it never gets
better.  Does anyone know of any exercises, books, anything that I can use
to assist me with this problem.  Please email to me directly at [log in to unmask]

Thank you!