MGTDEV-L Archives

September 1995

MGTDEV-L@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"H. H. Robinson" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
University Management Development discussions <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Sep 1995 15:44:00 EST
MGTDEV-Lers,

Have any of you used off-the-shelf training needs asessment instruments
specifically designed for managers?  If so, would you recommend the
instrument you used?  I like to design my own needs asessment tool, but at
the same time, I  would like to try out well-tested needs assessments (if
such things exist).

I am particularly intersted in instruments which allow us to assess both
self and supervisor's evaluation (and maybe, peer evaluation) of an
individual's managerial skills and his/her training needs.  I've so far
collected some literature on Talico's NA instruments, HRD Press, HRD
Quarterly, and looked into ASTD's NA books (I understand they now sell a NA
software,too).  Any recommendations and suggestions would be greatly
appreciated.
Thank you in advance for your help.

Hannah Robinson