MGTDEV-L Archives

March 1997

MGTDEV-L@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

Management & Executive Development Discussions <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Mar 1997 11:13:31 -500
I am currently in the midst of researching the Organizational
Commitment Questionnaire to find out how valid and reliable it is as
a measure.  I know that validity basically says that we are measuring
what it is that we set out to measure.  Question 1 - How do we know
that we did that and didn't actually measure something else?

In terms of reliability, I know that basically means that we come up
with same results after running x number of trials.  I also know that
validity necessarily insures reliability, but the reverse is not
necessarily true.  Bottom line, I am know statistician and am a
little fuzzy on what these terms actually mean.  Noentheless, I need
to know.  Whatever, light, folks can shed on this subject would be
most appreciated.

Thanks much,

Gordon