MGTDEV-L Archives

November 1995

MGTDEV-L@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Scott A. Enloe" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
University Management Development discussions <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Nov 1995 01:40:41 -0600
I am a doctoral student in Educational Leadership and Policy Studies at
Loyola University--Chicago.  This survey will be used in the preparation of
a dissertation project now presently titled "Secondary School Leadership
Training and Occupational Effectiveness".  Please take a few moments to
complete the survey below.  The survey examines what human resource
professionals believe to be leadership qualities/practices that are
important to an employee's success. All answers will be kept is strict
confidence.  Results are available to those who e-mail a request to

QUESTIONNAIRE ON LEADERSHIP
SKILL TRAINING
EMPLOYERS

DEMOGRAPHIC INFORMATION:

AGE:20-25 ___26-40 ___41-55 ___55+ ____

SEX: female ____male ___

ETHNICITY: African-American____Native American ____ Caucasian ___Asian ___
Hispanic ___

TELEPHONE NUMBER: (Area Code & Prefix)  (___) (___)

ZIP CODE: ____________________

OCCUPATION/POSITION:_________________/_________________

LENGTH OF TIME IN POSITION:_________  years

Description of Project/Purpose of Survey:Below are statements that
incorporate values and practices associated with leadership.  We are
determining to what degree employers/supervisors value these principles and
practices and to what degree they believe that these principles and
practices are important to the success of their employees.  Please respond
to each question using the scale which follows.  1 represents  the lowest
value of response.  5 represents the highest value of response.  Place an
"x" on the blank of your response.

1_____        2______       3_____               4_____           5_____
strongly      disagree      neither agree        agree            strongly
disagree                    or disagree                           agree

1.As a human resource professional, I have found that our most successful
employees have educational experience and leadership skills that
encourage/allow employees to look for opportunities to challenge the
present process.

1_____        2______       3_____               4_____           5_____
strongly      disagree      neither agree        agree            strongly
disagree                    or disagree                           agree

2.As a human resource professional, I have found that our most successful
employees have educational experience and leadership skills that
encourage/allow employees to look for opportunities to experiment and take
leadership risks.

1_____        2______       3_____               4_____           5_____
strongly      disagree      neither agree        agree            strongly
disagree                    or disagree                           agree

3.As a human resource professional, I have found that our most successful
employees have educational experience and leadership skills that
encourage/allow employees to look for opportunities  to envision the future
with a positive and hopeful outlook.

1_____        2______       3_____               4_____           5_____
strongly      disagree      neither agree        agree            strongly
disagree                    or disagree                           agree

4.As a human resource professional, I have found that our most successful
employees have educational experience and leadership skills that
encourage/allow employees to look for opportunities to enlist the support
of others to bring about this positive future.

1_____        2______       3_____               4_____           5_____
strongly      disagree      neither agree        agree            strongly
disagree                    or disagree                           agree

5.As a human resource professional, I have found that our most successful
employees have educational experience and leadership skills that
encourage/allow employees to look for opportunities to act in a way as to
foster collaboration as they accomplish their goals.

1_____        2______       3_____               4_____           5_____
strongly      disagree      neither agree        agree            strongly
disagree                    or disagree                           agree

6.As a human resource professional, I have found that our most successful
employees have educational experience and leadership skills that
encourage/allow employees to look for opportunities to strengthen
others/enable others to accomplish their goals.

1_____        2______       3_____               4_____           5_____
strongly      disagree      neither agree        agree            strongly
disagree                    or disagree                           agree

7.As a human resource professional, I have found that our most successful
employees have educational experience and leadership skills that
encourage/allow employees to look for opportunities to set the kind of
example that they would wish to follow themselves.

1_____        2______       3_____               4_____           5_____
strongly      disagree      neither agree        agree            strongly
disagree                    or disagree                           agree

8.As a human resource professional, I have found that our most successful
employees have educational experience and leadership skills that
encourage/allow employees to look for opportunities  to plan projects in
achievable steps which create opportunities for "small wins".

1_____        2______       3_____               4_____           5_____
strongly      disagree      neither agree        agree            strongly
disagree                    or disagree                           agree

9.As a human resource professional, I have found that our most successful
employees have educational experience and leadership skills that
encourage/allow employees to look for opportunities to recognize the
contributions of those who share the task of carrying out a project.

1_____        2______       3_____               4_____           5_____
strongly      disagree      neither agree        agree            strongly
disagree                    or disagree                           agree

10.As a human resource professional, I have found that our most successful
employees have educational experience and leadership skills that
encourage/allow employees to look for opportunities to create situations
that will celebrate the accomplishments of the group and its members.

1_____        2______       3_____               4_____           5_____
strongly      disagree      neither agree        agree            strongly
disagree                    or disagree                           agree

Please forward this survey back to [log in to unmask]  Thank you for
your time.  I appreciate your support of the project.

Scott A. Enloe

Scott A. Enloe                           |e-mail: [log in to unmask]
Thornwood High School Student Activities |fax: 708-225-5033
Thornwood High School                    |phone: 708-225-4705
17101 South Park Avenue                  |
South Holland, IL 60473                  |
==