MGTDEV-L Archives

September 1996

MGTDEV-L@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Marcelo Rosenfeld <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Management & Executive Development Discussions <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Sep 1996 08:40:48 -500
Hello. This is my first assignment.
I am a Brazilian psychologist and I work as a consultant since 92. Before
this I have been Training&Development and Marketing manager, as well as
university professor for 13 years. I deal with programs in areas like
management development, teamwork, service quality, negotiation skills, and
so on. I have no problems in understanding English texts but it is not so
easy to write in it. So please forgive me for the mistakes.
Last month I conducted a 3 days seminar on internal consulting skills which
was followed by private interviews with the participants. Now I am
designing a one day seminar that ends the program. It will happen in
October. I will introduce McClelland's concepts of affiliation, power and
achievement needs. However, all the ways of working with this that I know
involve the use of some kind of inventory. I would prefer to use some sort
of group exercise that may illustrate the concepts and create a favorable
atmosphere to discuss them. I am looking for something that will take no
more than 2 or 3 hours, including debriefing.
I am grateful for any ideas. Thank you.