MGTDEV-L Archives

October 1997

MGTDEV-L@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Robert Bacal <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Management & Executive Development Discussions <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Oct 1997 11:10:02 -500
We have added three new articles to our our
web site--these are offered free of charge, and may be reproduced
provided you request permission for internal use. Our material can be
used for non-profit purposes. Most is written for managers.

The new articles deal with abuse of the internet at work (and what you
need to do to prevent it), cooperative communication (how to better
"get along" at work), and an article on making strategic plans in come
alive.

These, and the articles listed below (sorry for the long list) are
available at our web site at http://www.escape.ca/~rbacal

We offer this as a free public service.

Other articles:

Management Problems, Solutions & Issues

Avoiding The Perverted Inverted Pyramid
 Leadership, Communication  & Change
Thorny Problems -  Empowerment Difficulties
Difficulties Empowering  Staff Technology & Productivity Performance
Management Vs. Effectiveness Enhancement Systems How To Manage The
Human Speedbump Management Fads-What You Should Know
              Staunching The Paper Flow Applying Critical Thinking
More Time Management Tips  (Save Time, Save Sanity) A Quick Guide To
Employee  Orientation Diagnosing Performance Problems

Training, Development, Learning and Human Resources

The Role of The Facilitator
Getting Value From Training
Personal Styles-Time Waster or Useful?
Why Is Training Undervalued?
The Value of Values Clarification
 Danger! Corporate Training Ahead
What Is Training Good For?

General Communication, Meeting Management, etc

More On Surviving Meetings
Using Positive Language
Meeting Management
Problems Communicating With The Boss
Using Questions To Focus Employees (And Yourself) (offline)
On The Line - Basic Negotiating
Behind The Lecturn - How Attention Works (Public Speaking)
Boss Management -Selling Your Idea To The Boss
Principles of Credibility (Find out how to speak so people listen)

Defusing Hostility and Cooperative Communication

Improving Communications - Tips For Managers
Conflict & Cooperation In The Workplace
Organizational Conflict-The Good The Bad, & The Ugly
Understanding Hostile Customers
Dealing With Angry Employees
On The Line - The Difficult Colleague

Quality Improvement and Working Smart

TQM - What Is It?
TQM As Organizational Change
Where TQM & Politics Clash
Are Government Customers Really Customers
Creating Hassle-Hunters
Little Bitty Quality Steps
Are YOU The Barrier To Quality Improvement?
Gathering Customer Satisfaction Data - Every Staff Member A
Researcher
Why TQM Fails
Effectiveness & Activity - Focusing On The E!
The Curse of Compromise
Leadership - The Link Between Planning & Doing

Change Management & Related Issues

Seven Dynamics of Change
Effects of Change On The Manager
Downsizing,Leading Those That Remain
Downsizing, The Long Term Effects

Teams & Team Development

Six Deadly Sins of Team-Building
When TEAMS Aren't Important Or Desirable
Team Models As An Aid To Understanding
About Team-Building: The Manager's Role
Turning Around Negative
Attitudes

Personal Issues

Getting Help
Leaving The Nest-Surviving Layoffs

Robert Bacal, Inst.For Cooperative Communication, [log in to unmask]
Visit our Resource Centre for articles on mgmt.,training,communication, and defu
sing hostility
at http://www.escape.ca/~rbacal (204) 888-9290
*Site Last Updated On Sept.11, 1997*