MGTDEV-L Archives

April 1996

MGTDEV-L@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Peter Pflaum <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
University Management Development discussions <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Apr 1996 08:10:59 -0500
SYNERGY-NET on http://metro.turnpike.net/~pflaump

RE: Facilities for classes, net forum, and training of trainers;

We need to make some money. I have two ideas. One after May 7th
we can offer facilities to people who want to teach on the
Internet. Many schools, colleges, trainers, don't have facilities
to do colloquium or seminars or work groups on the web. With net
forum, file management systems, and the other programs we plan,
we can not only offer Global Village classes but offer the
facilities to others at a reasonable fee.  An example is at
http://www.aristotle.net/  forum - maybe be can be more interactive than a
web page style BBS ?

From my net surfing I don't see much "interactive" education or
training but a lot of interest and talk. The work you are doing
with Netbios and MS developers network is very powerful and we
maybe at the state of the art. Rather that everyone trying to do
it themselves, many may just want to use our site.

The second idea is "training of trainers". I have dozens of
"tools", materials, cases, workbook and group activities that
will enrich a teachers or trainers bag of tricks. Nominal group
process, communications, conflict management, creativity,
innovation, group dynamics are among the common topic needed by
all kinds of teachers and organizations. Maybe, we can have a
road show, or do it here in New Smyrna or DeLand.

In any case I need to make some money and have some economic
activity from all this investment we have made.

SYNERGY-NET on http://emporium.turnpike.net/~pflaump
** Peter E. Pflaum Ph.D. , Headmaster GLOBAL_VILLAGE_SCHOOLHOUSE
225 Robinson Road, New Smyrna Beach, FL 32169-2176 (904) 428-9609

SYNERGY-NET on http://emporium.turnpike.net/~pflaump or
http://metro.turnpike.net/~pflaum [log in to unmask]