MGTDEV-L Archives

September 1997

MGTDEV-L@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
virginia m swain <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Management & Executive Development Discussions <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Sep 1997 11:54:39 -500
Hello!  I am a new member of the group and have just re-formulated my
organizational development practice to do executive coaching and o.d. for
individuals and organizations, called The Center for Strategic Change. A
former human resources manager for a multinational company,  I
am based in Cambridge, but have worked on four continents and have 25
years of management, consulting and coaching experience with specialities
in conflict management, change interventions and community building (a
process that deepens team building by building caring relationships in
organizations where tasks are more willingly and eagerly completed
because trust and collaborative  skills are in place).

 One of the new areas I'm involved in is helping women move up the
corporate ladder by coaching them in leadership development and strategic
planning skills.  I've been asked by a leading women's college to put
together a series of conference on getting at the roots of the glass
ceiling, looking at systemic change as well as individual and career
changes necessary for women and men to share the power at the top.

Would anyone who has any thoughts on experience or theoretical models on
the glass ceiling and  how to frame this series of conferences, e-mail me
at [log in to unmask]  Thanks very much.

Virginia Mary Swain