MKTALUM Archives

November 1995

MKTALUM@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Peter Pflaum <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Marketing Alumni of Miami University (Ohio USA)
Date:
Sat, 11 Nov 1995 10:51:23 -0500
THIS IS POSTED TO SEVER LISTS for those that asked... it's a hope it will work?
When it works this will be something different - a free form interactive
hypertext system.. SYNERGY so others can interact - comment -set up their
own areas.. be a common place - a form - a meeting - you will see - it's
just getting it's act together
and
(our phone have been down for 3 days, the mailserver is not working so I
have had no mail for some time.
We are moving SYNERGY net to Volant TurnPike!
login is pflaump
We are are a Emporium User, The  URL is:
http://mall.turnpike.net/pflaump

The FTP address is ftp.turnpike.net
The idea is interactive - you can edit, comment and put your own files
INTO SYNERGY NET - all you need is the password for the FTP
Write me at [log in to unmask]

When you FTP into the system, your directory structure will look
like:

index,htm /         <--- your root directory
public_html
/document/  txt files (plain text)
/winhttpd/htdocs/  hypertext docs...
/winhttpd/images/  pictures graphics
     <--- the place to put your files
you can make a driectory
/documentkb/ = kevins documents txt files
/winhttpd/virof/ = kevins http files Virtual Office
/winhttpd/pic/ = kevins pictures

bin       <--- Volant TurnPike System Directory
etc       <--- Volant TurnPike System Directory

Putting a file by the name of index.htm or index.html will
prevent that directory structure from being read by the outside
world.
Instead, the index.html or index.htm file will be displayed.
This is the typical "first file" that people on the web see.

You can add a link on the index.htm (Go to Kevins virtual Office)
If you want to comment - add - etc. anywhere in the files (http)
make a link that says (Kevin's comments, go to..)
/winhttpd/htkvin/comment.htm

Special system files are placed in your root directory.  Please
note that this directory is *readable by the world* and you
may want to protect it by putting an index.htm or index.html
in this directory.

If you have the ARS (Access Reporting System) option, then
a file called access.rpt will be put in your root directory
every week.  A file called access.old will contain the
prior access report.

The first time that you create a file on the system, it may
take up to 30 minutes for the file to become readable.  After
that when you upload a file by the same name, it will be
readable immediately.

General Information about the system is at:
http://turnpike.net/library/

If you need assistance, please use our help form at:
http://turnpike.net/library/helpdesk.html

Please make sure that you read our terms and conditions
if you have not already.  They are at:
To get password write Me - [log in to unmask]
Commercial Customers:
http://turnpike.net/emporium/terms.html
Non-Commercial Customers:
http://turnpike.net/metro/terms.html

We send out a monthly newsletter that updates about the system.
On occassion, we will also send you bulletins about special
events,
system upgrades, etc.

Thank you again for choosing Volant TurnPike.

Volant Corporation

[log in to unmask]  HTTP://mall.turnpike.net/pflaump
Global Village schoolhouse