MU-VMS Archives

January 1994

MU-VMS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
March Hare <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University VMS News <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Jan 1994 22:00:04 -0500
<[log in to unmask]> writes:

>> I'm sorry you were inconvenienced.
>>
>> Joe Simpson
>
>         I hope my first message didn't sound like a complaint. I am glad that
> Miami is upgrading their modems, computers, etc. Just wanted to let the net
> know that I wasn't slamming on the service.
>         Thanks for all the advice.

I'm glad Miami is upgrading their modems also, but I've been having zmodem
troubles myself.  I finally figured out what was going on through "the
grapevine."  It would be more beneficial to all concerned if these
topics were posted in news and by other more official means, rather than
relying on information to flow through unofficial channels.

Thanks for posting the Hayes commands, Joe.  Those don't exactly
match my modem manual, but may solve my problems entirely.  Of course,
hayes-compatibility varies from modem to modem.

What about RTS signalling?  Is that supported, or should I leave it
disabled?

John

--
Drivel of the year:
"...DOS is utterly unable to handle more than 1MB of memory.  Removing

---> Can you say "OS/2?"  I knew you could!