MU-VMS Archives

January 1996

MU-VMS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Ryan D. Kearns" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University OpenVMS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 1996 13:29:37 EST

Newsgroups: mu.comp.questions,mu.comp.talk,mu.comp.os.vm-cms
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 1996 12:13:15 EST
From: Ryan D. Kearns <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:    Signature file question...

Hello, I need help editing my signature file.  I know how to use
it correctly, by creating a file named <username> signature a,
and then typing "sign" at the command line to insert it in a file.
My question is, that I was recently told that I could create a
"random" generator onto the end of the .sig file, and that I could
have, let's say, 30 or 40 "quotes" or some other additions to my
sig file that would be selected from each time I typed "sign" to
add it to the end of a mail document or a netpost.

Can anyone tell me how to do this using the VM-CMS system?

Thanks,
-------
Ryan D. Kearns
http://www.muohio.edu/~rdkearns/floyd.html
"Christ, where would rock and roll be without
 feedback?" -- David Gilmour, 1971