MU-VMS Archives

March 1996

MU-VMS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

Miami University OpenVMS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Mar 1996 18:41:36 -0500
I'm having a problem.  Here's the situation:  I zipped some files using the
latest version of PKZIP, and then uploaded them to the Vax from my PC using
Kermit.  During the transfer my communications program said it was making a
binary transfer.  I then FTP'd the same files to an FTP site using the "put"
command and I made sure it was in binary transfer mode.  The problem is that
the person I FTP'd the files to says that the .zip files are corrupt.  It seems
like I was doing the FTP transfer in ASCII mode but I know for sure that I
wasn't.  Does anyone have any ideas as to what I may be doing wrong?  When I do
the exact opposite of the above process, I have always been able to receive
binary files ok.  Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

Chad Nester