MU-VMS Archives

April 1997

MU-VMS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Robert G. Wilson" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University OpenVMS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Apr 1997 11:08:50 -0400
On 18 Apr 1997, aaron t porter wrote:

>       I don't understand what you are saying.  Miami's net connection
> goes from Oxford to Colombus.  In Colombus, OAR-Net has two connections to
> SprintNet - one in DC, the other in Atlanta.  In the near future, OAR-Net
> will be adding another link to Chicago, which will be spread across 2 or 3
> network providers to offer a greater guarantee of connectivity.  You can't
> buy "Priority Routing" or anything like that.

This friend of mine doesn't use oar net at all, he simply uses the modem
service offered by the phone companies, which means he doesn't have to be
linked through atlanta to get to indiana, since the phone companies links
are all connected.

Rob Wilson