MU-VMS Archives

July 1994

MU-VMS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Peter Murray <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University VMS Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Jul 1994 21:54:12 -0500
[log in to unmask] wrote:
: As of this weekend, I have been unable to get a dial-up
: connection onto my vms or vm accounts.  Can anyone out there
: help with this?

This is a known problem.  Ever since the severe storms Friday numerous
people have noticed problems getting connections to *any* modem on
campus (including the MCIS dialin pool).  Through trial and error, the
problem seems to be between the GTE central office in Oxford and the campus
phone system.  This is a *telephony* problem, not an MCIS problem.  I've
logged a trouble report with GTE (about 36 hours ago), but they haven't
tackled the problem yet (in fact, they tried to charge me for the
technician to look at it...go figure, as if I owned the trunk lines
between GTE and the Miami campus).

It looks like we'll have to wait until the full-time technicians come in
on Monday...

Peter