MU-VMS Archives

November 1994

MU-VMS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Micah James Cooper <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University VMS Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Nov 1994 14:21:47 -0500
Try compressing the mail file--that helped someone else.

type mail at the $ prompt and compress at the mail prompt. Then go to the mail
directory and delete the mail.old file. This sometimes helps.

Of course, pine has a monthly problem (no pms--pine mailer syndrome
jokes--please) when it asks if you want to move folders and it dumps. Just say
no and it seems to avoid it.

As for register dumps, the last pine dump i've had was on phoenix and the dump
I had b/4 that was in news on the VAX, so I don't consider pine that buggy
anymore :)

--micah