MU-VMS Archives

November 1994

MU-VMS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Bob Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University VMS Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Nov 1994 20:09:52 -0500
> Hi,
>
>         I am having a problem with my newsrc file.  Every now and then, ( 4
> times in the last week) when I go into news from the vax I get an error and a
> screen dump.  When I delete the newsrc file I can get into news but then I
have
> to re-register all of my newsgroups again. Any ideas what might be the
problem
> and how I can fix it?
>
>                                 Thanx,
>                                 Carl A Wolter

You are running out of space in your account. I am not sure exactly how much
free space you need to have to use NEWS (I think it varies with the size of
articles that you post), but I would keep at least 100-150 blocks free. You
can see how much you have free by typing SHOW QUOTA. Don't even pay attention
to the part about allowed overdraft; if you are over the standard amount, the
system will not create any new files (it likes to expand your newsrc file and
create temporary files).

Just make sure you keep some space free and you should be fine. If you have any
problems, feel free to e-mail me.

Regards,
Bob
--
|  Robert E. Williams, Jr.                             |
|  Enterprise Software                                 |