MU-VMS Archives

September 1997

MU-VMS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Jim Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University OpenVMS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Sep 1997 09:15:37 -0400
The 12.5MB allocation per student is the total  allocation planned to
be spread across all centrally managed student accounts.  The portion of it
that enables e-mail to be served from po.muohio.edu is available now.
The allocation on miavx1 will be increased from 1000 blocks to 5000
blocks as soon as the additional hardware arrives and is installed;
the bidding process is now complete and we hope it won't be too much
longer, but the equipment does need to arrive and it does need to be
installed and tested.  A final component is space on Novell, which is
now in the planning stages; we are hoping to have this available in January.

Kristin Froehlke is Associate Provost for Computing and Information Services.

                --Jim

>-----------------------
>Sender:       Miami University OpenVMS <[log in to unmask]>
>Poster:       Andrew Larson <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject:      MiaVX1 disk quota
>
>A few weeks ago at the initial MCIS LTC employee meeting the MCIS
>?provost ? spoke.
>Among other things, she mentioned an increase to a 12MB quota on MiaVX1
>student accounts.
>Any idea when this will go into effect?
>
>thanks,
>Andy

Jim Wilson, Manager of Instructional Computing, Applied Technologies
Miami Computing and Information Services, Miami University, Oxford, OH 45056