MU-VMS Archives

August 1995

MU-VMS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Aaron Porter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University OpenVMS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Aug 1995 21:44:15 GMT
Kent Covert ([log in to unmask]) wrote:
: In article <[log in to unmask]>, [log in to unmask] (Aar
on Porter) writes:
:
: >     Could it have been a disk space problem?  Rose was giving some
: > nasty errors concerning disk space on the console yesterday afternoon.

: I don't think so.  Disk space problems would cause NEWS to stop receiving
: new posts but should continue to let users read NEWS.  The problem the
: other night, though, was that NEWS stopped completely (the NEWS process
: died).  Unfortunately, it didn't leave any clues (log files, etc.) giving
: any indication as to why it stopped.  We came in yesterday morning and
: restarted it and it started fine and has been working smoothly ever since.

        It's not in the inittab, or checked by a cron process, or
anything like that?  Gak.

---
             http://nextsrv.cas.muohio.edu/~atporter