MU-VMS Archives

January 1994

MU-VMS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Michael Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University VMS News <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 1994 22:33:11 -0500
Kent Covert ([log in to unmask]) wrote:
: In article <[log in to unmask]>,
[log in to unmask] (Bart) writes:
: >   I changed my WHO.COM so now I have one that shows MIAVX1 users, and one
that
: > shows OCEAN users (I called WHOM.COM).  Since both the VAX and OCEAN use
the
: > same login.com, is there a way to get my login.com to pick the appropriate
one

: Sure.  Try the following piece of code:

: $ IF F$GETSYI("NODENAME") .EQS. "OCEAN"
   [...]

Better yet...just use MCUG's WHO.COM, redefining it as follows in your
login.com (after calling MCUG_LOGIN if you use it):

$ WHO :== @USER_LIB:[MCUG.APPS.WHO]WHO 'F$GETSYI("NODENAME")'

MCUG's WHO.COM accepts hostname as an arguement (default is all in the
cluster).  (note that the above will break use of who for any other
nodes, so you may want to use something like LWHO instead of WHO as the
symbol).

'Course, if you have your own custom mods in your who.com, or your own
who all together, you'll have to stick to Kent's example.

| Mike Jones | NeXT Administrator                             /  \       |
|------------| Internet  : [log in to unmask]    /\/\/\  /\  |
|   ByTor    | Compu$erve: 73353,1134                   /\  /      \/  \ |