MU-VMS Archives

May 1994

MU-VMS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Brian Samson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University VMS News <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 May 1994 16:00:10 -0500
Kent Covert ([log in to unmask]) wrote:
: We should be receiving all the posts to newsgroups, but we don't keep them
: very long.  This particular newsgroup (rec.arts.bodyart) is kept for 3
: days.
: --
:                                      Kent Covert, Software Coordinator
:                                      Miami Computing and Information Services
:                                      kacovert@miavx1                 (bitnet)

Is there any way that us low-life (the normal users of NetNews) can get stats
like how long a newsgroup keeps its articles, what newsgroups Miami doesn't
subscribe to, etc?

By the way, what if there's a newsgroup I want to read and Miami doesn't have
it?  It hasn't happened to me yet, but the thought just arose.  Where do I
go?  Can I request that Miami subscribes, or am I SOL?

Brian Samson

strong enough for a man who used to be a woman, but made for a woman who
  wants to be a man.