MU-VMS Archives

August 1998

MU-VMS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Kevin Hock <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University OpenVMS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Aug 1998 14:34:46 -0400
Hi everyone,

Is there a way that I can make a "link" in a web directory that points to
the actual file in another directory, account or server?  For example, could
I use a friend's picture that he has one his site without actually copying
it to my directory, but rather just "link" to it?  This would be very handy
to be able to cross-reference files without copying them multiple times and
would save typing paths for a different directory or server.

Fictitious example: Could I somehow use "pics/myfriend.jpg" and the
myfriend.jpg file is just a link to (for example)
"www.osu.edu/~USERID/pics/mypic.jpg"

Thanks for your help,

Kevin