MU-VMS Archives

July 1998

MU-VMS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Kevin Hock <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University OpenVMS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jul 1998 11:13:39 -0400
I've been trying to use SSI now for the last few hours, and I must be
missing something.  I'm using <!--exec cgi="cgi/accesses.pl" --> where
accesses.pl is a valid, working Perl script, since I've checked it from the
command line.  I've used both the .shtml and .htmlx extension for the html
file, and yet the SSI does not get processed, instead it just comes right
out in the html file that the browser receives.  Am I missing something here
/ do I need to set something up on the VAX to allow me to do this?  Or can
the VAX not exec?  I know there is an echo var command I can use, but I'm
trying to learn this other way.

Thanks,

Kevin